Are you ready for an unlimited 1st deposit bonus? Join 21Prive & double your 1st deposit – to an unlimited amount! Then, your 2nd and 3rd deposits can land you up to £1000 extra Read More
Mobile Casinos Reviewed
For the most part, new technologies have had an exiting impact on the way we consume digital entertainment. Before we had smartphones and tablets, there was no way to play our favourite slots and casino games while on the move. In 2015, however, we have now been enjoying mobile casinos for a few years now, and we cannot wait to see what 2015 and beyond has in store for all of us.
Thrills Mobile Casino will certainly have you thrilled as soon as you join: the welcome package is a whopping €200 + 50 free spins! As if that wasn’t enough, mobile players have more than 600 great games to choose from. What are you waiting for? Go on to Thrills!Read More
Tivoli Casino is as sleek and posh as mobile casinos get. Join now, use promo code “bonus150” and grab a fantastic welcome package: £200 + 50 free spins!Read More
Are you ready to join the fleet? Set up your account at Lucky Admiral and get £10 FREE instantly, to try out their great selection of games! What’s more – your first two deposits are doubled, up to £1000!Read More
Created with Mobiles in mind and ONLY Mobile Phones, mFortune Mobile Casino is aimed at pleasing the mobile gamer 100%.
From Poker to Slots mFortune got it all! Including a generous £5 no deposit bonus and a 100% cash match on your first deposit!!
Of course you love playing slots on your mobile phone. NOW, there is a site dedicated only to on-the-go slots: Pocket Fruity will hand you 50 free spins to try it out!! Get your hands on classic reels like 777 Heaven or new and funky games like Cash and Mouse.Read More
Introducing Britain’s Favourite Mobile Casino – Lady Lucks!! Play it on your iPhone iPad or Android anywhere you may be and find out about the vast number of games and massive jackpots at your disposal!! £20 FREE no deposit necessary!! + Up to a £100 cash match welcome bonus!! Play awayRead More
Casinos on mobile devices have a number of advantages over their land-based counterparts. First of all, playing online is more discrete, as you can do so on your own sofa. And secondly, online games are much less expensive than land-based entertainment, seeing as there is no travel of fancy clothing involved. Plus, mobile sites like LadyLucks mobile casino or mFortune let you play their their games for free. You might also be able to claim a no deposit bonus to let you try out the site with free funds.
Now, let’s get a bit technical here for one moment. You won’t necessarily have to shell out serious cash for a big-screen phone (often called a ‘phablet’) or tablet to enjoy mobile casinos. While Android and Apple dominate the options, sites like mFortune.co.uk also welcome players with BlackBerry or Windows 8 mobile phone devices. However, Android and Apple can be expected to continue their mobile casino dominance in 2015, but this could improve with the rise of games played in web browsers.
2. Mobile and Tablet Casino – Operating Systems
The operating system of your mobile device is the number one factor in determining the compatible casinos at which you can play. Android is now the number one mobile operating system in the world, with Apple iOS found a little further behind. As a result, these operating systems are the principle focus of developers who create mobile apps.
Like we discussed in the previous section, there has been a rise in the prevalence of mobile casinos that function within mobile web browsers. While Java has been an option of choice for some mobile-focused sites, the overwhelming current trend is to build sites and game that can function in HTML5 browsers.
A continued dedication to the rise of HTML5 will hopefully see a dramatic decease in the issue of operating system compatibility that has plagued, most notably, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. Developing in-browser content will likely free software specialists to focus more on the games they create rather than constantly updating separate apps.
Most mobile-compatible casino software is either free to access via your browser or else by downloading a native casino app. Leading developers like Playtech and Microgaming offer both, with the vast majority of app coverage given to Apple and Android. However, Windows Phone will receive some app representation from Microgaming in 2015 – stay tuned for that.
In getting prepared for mobile casino gaming, it is worth considering casino bonuses especially for mobile gamers. However, first you need to understand the various compatible OS platforms out there, as this will impact your access to mobile casinos. Here are the four most common:
- Android (for Samsung, HTC, Sony, and others) – Google’s open-source Android operating system has overtaken Apple’s closed-source iOS. Android is now the ultimate mobile software space – and the biggest – for online casino entertainment. Android-based gamers also benefit from greater selection provided by developers whom are free from Apple’s strict codes. One of the hottest future devices set to arrive on Android in 2015 is the incredible Sony Xperia Z4. Have a quick Google search to see just how stylish it looks.
- Apple iOS (for iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch) – Some argue that Apple’s touch response is noticeably quicker and smoother than Android devices, and this has only improved for the iPhone 6 generation, which features sensors on the surface rather than beneath. This will let Apple remain as a major gaming platform. Honestly, it will take a miracle for BlackBerry or Windows Phone to make up the ground on second-placed Apple.
- Blackberry – Blackberry’s OS is in trouble, plain and simple, and that goes for the entire company. But this doesn’t mean Blackberry’s legion of operating phones and tablets will suddenly stop working apps-wise. Even if this brand continues to diminish in popularity, its devices might be able to access the latest mobile gaming indefinitely once the marketplace shifts to HTML5 browser-based delivery instead of apps.
- Windows Phone – For a time, the most popular handsets running Windows 8 Mobile OS were the HTC Touch and LG Optimus. But everything has changed since Windows purchased Nokia when the latter wanted to stop manufacturing Windows Phone. As a result, the Nokia Lumia range of smartphones is still alive and well. The nice thing about Windows 8 is that desktop and mobile systems work as a whole, which is an advantage of convenience compared to Android. Apple iOS can buy a MacBook for complete compatibility.
A final compatibility issue to discuss is the diminishing need for Adobe Flash Player to power mobile casinos, and that is down to ability of the HTML5 infrastructure to process complex graphics for within mobile browsers. This is a positive for Apple users, as their mobile devices are not compatible with Flash. Generally speaking, HTML5 is the compatibility elixir that the mobile market greatly needed.
3. Real Money Casino
When you visit destinations such as Google Play or the App Store, the vast majority of the casino-themed apps are of the just-for-fun variety, which means that you will be unable to place real-money wagers. And although you can purchase various extras within your app, this does not mean that you will be able to play for real money.
When you visit bona fide mobile casino sites, this is where you can place real-money wagers. That being said, it is possible to try games at many sites in free-play mode without risking your own money. However, progressive jackpots will be off limits except for in real-money mode.
Mobile sites can also award out free cash known as no deposit bonuses. Just keep in mind that most casinos enforce wagering requirements in the terms and conditions of bonuses, which means you cannot cash out winnings immediately. First, you must meet the specific wagering requirements assigned by that casino.
Popular Phone-Friendly Games
Table games contribute many different titles that are popular among mobile casino gamers who play with real money. For instance, mobile blackjack lets gamers take this world-renowned card game on the move. A few hands can be enjoyed over 10-minute wait for the train or while sitting in a café. Mobile roulette is another popular table-based option, and it works so well because most major developers have taken the time to carefully optimise it for the smaller screens of smartphones.
Outside of the table games, the other most popular category is undoubtedly mobile slots. Most major developers now release their best slot games simultaneously on desktop and mobile. The following are some of our favourites:
- Tomb Raider – Microgaming is the developer behind this popular mobile slot that features five reels and 15 paylines. Join Lara Croft on an action-packed new adventure.
- The Avengers – A blockbuster comic book slot developed under license for Marvel. Play for the Marvel Mystery Progressive Jackpot when you try the Avengers slot.
- South Park: Reel Chaos – Join Stan and the gang for an adventure packed with rewarding features. Launched simultaneously on desktop and mobile at NetEnt casinos.
4. How to Start
Many casinos do not have a specific mobile phone process. Often they identify your device when you navigate to their site and change what they display accordingly. As a result, you might not notice anything different about the process from site to site. For example:
- You might click on a link to go to Casino.com.
- On arriving, the casino will realise you are viewing the site from an iPhone.
- A shortcut might be created on your desktop.
- You will be invited to sign up and receive casino bonuses just like when you visit from your desktop computer.
- Deposits can be made with standard credit cards, but you can stay safer with BOKU mobile payments that charge the deposit to your monthly phone bill.
- You will be offered a selection of games that have been optimised for your device’s screen size and technology.
At casino sites like LadyLucks or mFortune, the look and feel is mobile-oriented. You begin by using their handy game-finding tools. Browse the available games’ previews then enter your phone number and touch start on a chosen game and voila! Download mobile games to your phone for free and you can even pay with your phone bill up to £10 per month. Phone bill payments let you deposit not but pay later, so you need to remain constantly aware of your budget and spending.
Also emerging on the mobile casino market are social casinos and live dealers. You might also need to know how to unlock content via your ISP. We try to make navigating the mobile world a little easier with our tips, tricks, and other guides.